It is important to carry out a self evaluation on your skin for any signs or changes and to cancel out any skin cancer symptoms. Any new growth noted should be evaluated and monitored. Incase a change is noted on the growth like there is an abnormal multiplication of cells and the cell does not heal, this means that the growth needs to be checked by the doctor. The Growth may appear to look like a small pimple and if noted to grow towards the surrounding areas there is a need to visit the doctor just to confirm.
The common skin cancer symptoms include:
- A new growth that was never there.
- A pimple or abscess that does not or takes really long to heal.
- A change noted in an existing growth.
- An open wound that bleeds or oozes some fluids and takes so long to heal like four weeks, then after sometime one experience the same.
- In some cases one may experience a patch that is reddish in color that seems not to go away. In some instances it hurts while in some cases it doesn’t.
- A shinny bump that seems to be transparent or brown, depending on the skin color of the affected person. When looked at closely, it appears it as though you can see the blood vessels running through it.
- A scar like area may appear to have a color that is white or yellow. This in most cases will always present as a root for a large tumor.
The cancerous cells can get out of hand; multiply then form a big tumor. In a scenario where the growth of the cells does not affect the surrounding cells we call it benign, meaning that it is not cancerous. But in a case where the tumor acts in the opposite way and affects its surrounding cells, we call that malignant. Not all growths on the body are cancerous. People with a family history of cancer, light skinned and have been exposed to a lo of ultra violet rays, or a person with a history of cancer treatment from cancer need to look out because they are at a higher risk of developing Skin Cancer.
It is advisable that once one gets the slightest indication of skin cancer symptoms, it is very important that they seek the doctors. If a cancerous cell is noted early treatment always works out much better and successful as compared to having treatment at an advanced stage. The doctors will always advice you professionally to ensure that you are safe at all times.
- Skin Cancer Stages
- Skin Cancer Definition
- Skin Cancer Causes
- Skin Cancer Diagnosis
- Skin Cancer Statistics
- Skin Cancer Facts
- Skin Cancer Survival Rate